Monday, August 07, 2006

Forgetaboutit...

"You're trying too hard." "You'll meet her when you least expect it." "When you stop looking, that's when you'll find her." "Girls can sense if you want a girlfriend and they don't want that." I have heard things like this for years and years. Let's combine all these statements into one general concept. "Don't try. She'll find you and it will just happen." (Riiiiiiight.) That's all well and good, but only for females. See...a female can stop looking and literally put her head in the sand for weeks. Inevitibly, a bunch of dudes will whistle and cat-call at her until one comes along, plucks her from the ground, and takes her home with him. This doesn't happen for a guy. (I'm sure Brad Pitt would argue with me, so let's just exclude him from the conversation.)

Here is an example: The other night I went to the batting cages to get some batting practice for my weekend softball tournament. There were two cages and 3 girls were already using them when I got there. We rotated turns and chit-chatted, but before we knew it, the place was over-taken by families in flip-flops, I-Zod shirts, and dresses. Obviously, these people had no "need" to be at batting cages...just passing the time. I knew I also had to practice pitching for the tournament. Without hesitation, I asked the three girls to go to a softball field with me and I'll pitch to them. The three strangers and I drove a few miles and found a field. (Typical Friday night for me...you know, picking up three random girls.) I watched the one hit and field and she was a good player. That is a turn-on for me. I was really attracted to her.

Then the brain started kicking in..."don't try so hard." Okay, brain...I won't! I will not ask her for her number or email. I will just be friendly. I assumed flirting was okay. We had fun and I thought to myself that I would like to see her again, but I didn't ask. That would have been trying and I'm not supposed to try. (Heavens no...whatever you do...don't try! Things can't possibly work out if you try.)

So, that was that. I saw someone I liked. We had fun. unfortunately, unless we turn into John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale in "Serendipity" we will never see each other again. (Gee...that worked well.) It's all because I'm the male! This girl could have had the exact same frame of mind and it could have worked for her. If I wasn't trying this experiment, I would have asked for her number. She could have not been looking and still met me. But, when a guy doesn't look, he has no shot at all.

Okay, people...tell me why I'm wrong!

4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

you should have asked for her number.

:D

2:23 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

I only wish I had the answers.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

see? you DID see her again!

one thing i like about me is that i am always right.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

d'owp!
you so needed to just say 'hey, do you guys wanna meet here on wednesday? or next saturday?'... keep it semi-casual until you know she's unpsycho (i know, its NOT a word) and then ask her for a bee-ah...
or just ask her for her damn number... she'll either give you a fake one or she'll hand you the goods...

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home