Friday, May 01, 2009

Bizarre Foods with...

Have you ever seen the show on the Travel Channel, "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern?" It's a pretty cool, yet disgusting, show. He travels the world and eats whatever the people of that region do...scorpions, snake hearts (while still beating), etc.

Well, I was out for ice cream with Ricki. (And no, she didn't order the goat's blood flavor. It was normal vanilla.) We were chatting about Ricki's childhood in South America. She still goes to visit pretty frequently. One of her favorite things to eat there is ants. Yeah, those small, exoskeleton insects that you hate to have in your kitchen. After the initial shock of hearing this, I concentrated on one thing...what the heck I would do if she tried to kiss me goodnight!?!

I mean, I like Andrew Zimmern and I would love to hang out with him sometime, but I would never kiss him! All I could picture was an antenna stuck between Ricki's teeth that could get into my mouth. After the ice cream (well, I am not sure I ate any more after hearing the ant story), I gave Ricki a half-hug and was on my way home to brush my teeth immediately -- just in case the restaurant didn't pay for an exterminator this month.

I thought about asking Ricki over to my place for a second date. After all, in the spring, I do have ant problems at my house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

you should have showed her your anteater.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

i'm gross.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home