Thursday, August 24, 2006

A day at the giraffe cage...

Patty O. emailed me a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was odd because she was a couple of inches talled than me. I don't care, but most girls do. Whatever...she's cute and interesting and I like tall girls as well as short ones. We were IM'ing the other night and somehow my height came up. I think I was talking about a softball game where the ball was just out of my reach and I said I needed to be a little taller. About 3 or 4 lines later in the IM, Patty O. started talking about this guy from match she had one date with and really likes, but needed advice from me on how to play it. I knew the only reason she mentioned him was because of my height thing. What? Did she not read my profile before contacting me?

Anyhoo...I'm a nice guy, so I gave her advice (actually good advice, not crap advice so she'd blow it). We continued to talk and even made plans to meet up for an event in about 10 days (I know she has a son and its hard to get coverage, plus I'm leaving town.)

Today, I asked about her asking the other guy out. She said he couldn't make the time she suggested and continued to tell me:

Patty O: "So, that's the word on that - no offer of an alternative date, but his story seems believable. That's ok, though because a friend at work says she has someone to introduce me to..."

So, I'm no longer an option? Ummm...why do we have plans to get together?

2 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

maybe she's just keeping her options open, and doesn't realize you actually like her?

3:00 PM  
Blogger biffm said...

Maybe I should cancel our date. Then she would be more into me because she would be wondering why I don't want her.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home