Tuesday, June 09, 2009

She found "the one!"

After a few emails, I started chatting with Randi over IM. We chatted a couple of hours. Then we had a phone call. Everything went well. She had just moved to DC after living in Europe with her military husband for 10 years. They got divorced and now she is here in town. One thing that bothered me about her IM session was when she stated, "I don't like dating many people at once." That tells me that the girl is needy. She will take whatever guy comes along and she doesn't care who it is. (I know some of you will disagree with me, but ask yourself this... who has more experience in this area, you or me?)

Later that week, I got an email from her. She was talking about a few different things and she ended the email with: "I have decided to go out tonight for the first time with someone I met online...skeptical but gotta try."

Now if you couple that knowledge together, she'll be engaged in no time.

I emailed her a couple of days later. No reply. I wasn't 100% sure I was right, but whatever. Over a week passed and she texted me, "Hey, how are you?" Hmmm...maybe it didn't work out. We shared a few texts. Then I emailed her two days later asking her out. Her reply, "I met someone, sorry. Maybe you did too. (Yeah, I always ask a girl out after I met someone else I want to date.) I talked to this guy and we made arrangements and went out, the only guy I went on a date with. He is so far pretty much what I am looking for..." (Pretty much what you are looking for after one date? Cool. Corporations like to have 2nd and 3rd interviews, but you like to hire on the spot.)

Wow...one date with one guy in DC and she's off the market. I wonder if she knows that in DC everyone online is dating multiple people at once? Most likely she'll get her heart crushed by him and then swear off online dating forever because "all the guys on there are jerks." I've been down that road before. (Btw, what was your answer to who has more experience at this, you or me?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a typical girl who marries military guys. Don't be offended. They can't be alone, and just want to marry. It doesn't matter who, as long as they are married. Then they will wonder why their husband cheated on them.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home